Early Learning ConceptsBrown Bear, Brown Bear is such a great story, and it lends itself so well to several early learning concepts. Try one of these the next time you read the story!
- To extend vocabulary, pause before saying the color and let your little one fill it in before saying the animal (or the other way around).
- Go on a color hunt throughout the room as you come across the color in the book.
- Add a brief conversation about where each of the animals might live (habitats), or discuss their defining characteristics (classification).
- Count the number of legs on each page, or the number of colored stripes on the inside covers.
- Using construction paper, make a matching game with beginning sounds.
- Pat the rhythm of the words as you read aloud.
- As your little one begins to pick up patterns, let them "read" the words from memory as you point to them on the page.